- The award will not be made to the same person twice.
- Nominations are acceptable from any party except the nominee.
- The maximum word count for this category is 2500 words.
- The nominee’s Resume and no more than 5 letters of recommendation may be included.
- Copy of documentation such as driver’s license, passport, etc should be included to verify age.
- This category is awarded at the Victorian level only.
- 2 or 3 supporting profile images is sufficient to support the entry.
The judges will take into account the following aspects of the contribution when assessing a nomination:
Overview of the Nominee
Provide a brief overview of the nominee, highlighting their outstanding attributes. Include a brief history of their career in tourism, including a description of their current employment. Please include some form of documentation that verifies entrant was less than 35 years of age during the qualifying period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019. (10 points)
Tip: Extracts from their curriculum vitae/LinkedIn profile may prove useful.
Nominees Personal Service & Example of Activities
Provide specific examples of activities resulting from the nominee’s performance that have demonstrated leadership and how they have the potential to be a future leader in the tourism industry. (20 points)
Tip: Examples could include: new initiatives in the areas of operation, administration, management, research. Activities resulting in the improvement of industry standards, participation in industry organisations and representation are other good examples. The emphasis should be on personal and professional commitment.
Benefits to the Industry and Success
Outline the degree of personal involvement, the success resulting from that involvement and the long-term benefits to the industry as determined by the ongoing nature of achievement or success. (20 points)