More information about the 2022 Top Tourism Town Awards to come soon. Please see below the details from 2021.
Top Tourism Town Awards
To showcase the value of tourism to the towns and communities across Australia and celebrate the diversity and outstanding regional destinations of our country, the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC) along with the States and Territories are excited to announce a new addition to the Australian Tourism Awards series – the Top Tourism Town Awards.
The Top Tourism Town Awards are part of the Australian Tourism Awards program but runs at a different schedule.
This Award is presented into two categories:
- Top Tourism Town Awards – those with a population over 5,000 people.
- Top Small Tourism Town Award – those with a population below 5,000 people.
Please note: capital cities were not eligible to enter the Top Tourism Town Awards.
The Top Tourism Town Awards recognises and reward towns that:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and encourage tourism and increased visitation to the destination,
- Offer an excellent visitor experience, and
- Exhibit collaboration with tourism operators, local businesses and the community working together to make their town the best destination it can be.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Full details for the Top Tourism Town Awards
The winners of Victoria’s inaugural Top Tourism Town Awards have been revealed, with Ballarat and Port Fairy taking top honours for 2021.
Ballarat was named Victoria’s Top Tourism Town (population over 5,000), while Port Fairy took out the top spot to win Top Small Tourism Town Award (population under 5000).
Thanks to our Partner Prime7, the Gold winners will receive:
- Ballarat: $15,000 of airtime with Prime7
- Port Fairy: $10,000 of airtime with Prime7
- Top Tourism Town Awards: Lakes Entrance
- Top Small Tourism Town Awards: Timboon
- Top Tourism Town Awards: Bendigo
- Top Small Tourism Town Awards: Apollo Bay
See the full list of finalists at: www.vtic.com.au/toptourismtown
View some of the Awards Ceremony highlights here.
Australia’s Top Tourism Towns were announced on 28 October 2021 by the Hon Dan Tehan, Minister for Trade, Tourism, and Investment at a live-streamed event that was broadcast across the nation.
Victoria’s beloved coastal town of Port Fairy secured the Silver Award for the Top Small Tourism Town (population under 5000). Congratulations also to our Top Tourism Town finalist, Ballarat, who took top honours in Victoria and went on to represent the state in these inaugural awards.
- Gold – Berrima, NSW
- Silver – Port Fairy, VIC
- Bronze – Stanley, TAS
- Gold – Mudgee, NSW
- Silver – Noosa, QLD
- Bronze – New Norfolk, TAS
View the full list of national finalists and winners here.