Top Tourism Awards
To showcase the value of tourism to the towns and communities across Australia and celebrate the diversity and outstanding regional destinations of our country, the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC) along with the States and Territories are excited to announce a new addition to the Australian Tourism Awards series – the Top Tourism Town Awards.
The Top Tourism Town Awards are part of the Australian Tourism Awards program but runs at a different schedule. Please see the key dates below.
This Award is presented into two categories:
- Top Tourism Town Awards – those with a population over 5,000 people.
- Top Small Tourism Town Award – those with a population below 5,000 people.
Please note: capital cities are not eligible to enter the Top Tourism Town Awards.
The Top Tourism Town Awards will recognise and reward Victorian towns that:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and encourage tourism and increased visitation to the destination,
- Offer an excellent visitor experience, and
- Exhibit collaboration with tourism operators, local businesses and the community working together to make their town the best destination it can be.
The state winners will have the opportunity to represent Victoria at the national awards and be named Australia’s Top/Small Tourism Town!
How to enter
Entrants were required to complete an online nomination by Wednesday 10 March 2021.
Once the nomination had been reviewed and approved by the Program Manager, entrants will need to deliver their full submission by 12pm, Friday 16 April 2021. There are three steps to the submission:
- Editorial article
- Visitor itinerary
DOWNLOAD PDF: Full details for the Top Tourism Town Awards
DOWNLOAD PDF: Entrant’s guide
|Monday 1 February||Nominations open|
|Wednesday 10 March||Nominations close|
|Friday 16 April, 12pm||Submissions due|
|April – May||State judging & Consumer voting|
|June (TBC)||Victoria winners announced|
|June – July||National judging|
|August / September (TBC)||National winners announced|