Top Tourism Town Awards
The Top Tourism Town Awards showcase the value of tourism to the towns and communities across Australia and celebrate the diversity and outstanding regional destinations of our country.
The Top Tourism Town Awards recognise and reward Victorian towns that:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and encourage tourism and increased visitation to the destination
- Offer an excellent visitor experience, and
- Exhibit collaboration with tourism operators, local businesses and the community working together to make their town the best destination it can be.
These awards are presented in three categories:
- Top Tourism Town – those with a population of over 5,000 people
- Small Tourism Town – those with a population below 5,000 people, but above 1,500
- Tiny Tourism Town – those with a population below 1,500 people.
These awards are part of the Australian Tourism Awards program but run on a different schedule to the Victorian Tourism Awards. The state winners will have the opportunity to represent Victoria at the national Top Tourism Town Awards.
Nominations must be made by a Quality Tourism Framework Accredited Visitor Information Centre (VIC) or by a Local Council. However, the Top Tourism Town Awards is an opportunity for regional tourism bodies, local chambers, tourism organisations, committees and other groups to work in conjunction with the VIC or Local Council to showcase their town as a great visitor destination and to raise awareness of what is special and unique about their town.
DOWNLOAD: Criteria and requirements for 2022. Please note that all nominated towns were sent an entrants guide with further information on the submission requirements.
View the key dates for the 2022 program here.
Thanks to our long-standing partner, Prime7, the winners of the 2022 Victorian Top Tourism Town Awards will receive an airtime package as below:
- Top Tourism Town winner $10,000
- Small Tourism Town winner $10,000
- Tiny Tourism Town winner $5,000
*Terms and conditions apply.
Small & Tiny Tourism Town winners
Thanks to our partner Storytowns, the winners of these two categories will receive a Storytowns “Townscape” Podcast each (7 mins max). The podcasts include:
- Geo-located for the Storytowns App
- Hosted on Spotify, Apple, Google, Amazon Music, iHeart, Omny, Deezer, Audacy, JioSaavn, Gaana & Storytowns Apps
- 1-2 local people will be interviewed to uncover the best story of your town
- The podcast includes a call to action (e.g. visit a winery, the caravan park, other attractions, etc)
- Information button in the app redirects travellers to the featured businesses
- Scriptwriter (in consultation with the winners)
- Audio Producer
- Voiceover artist
- Music (fully licensed)
- High-end production
- Full use, hosting and license of the podcasts on the Storytowns App
2021 Top Tourism Town Awards
You can also view our gallery of the 2021 Top Tourism Town Awards Ceremony here.