Words from a Hall of Fame Winner:
“Take your time. Don’t do it in the last minute. It’s an enormous process. We were methodical in approaching every section individually and giving ourselves couple of weeks in each section to get it right. Ask lots of questions – local tourism reps are very helpful. It’s a long journey, but it’s a great one.”
David Frazer, Festival Director – Riverboats Music Festival (Festivals & Events Winner, 2017-2018-2019)
The following support was offered to entrants of the 2021 Victorian Tourism Awards:
- Guides and templates to help entrants understand the different elements of the Tourism Awards and prepare a good submission.
- Draft Review Program – provided entrants the opportunity to get their submission reviewed by an expert and to receive feedback on how the submission could be improved before the actual deadline.
- One-on-one Mentoring and Regional Support Program* – offering entrants strategic advice and guidance in preparing an outstanding submission for the Victorian Tourism Awards. *The Regional Support Program was delivered in collaboration with the Regional Tourism Boards.
- Support Sessions – five online sessions were conducted over May-June with the support of our Judges and Mentors.
- Tourism Awards Video Clips – see below
We thank the 2021 Victorian Tourism Awards Partners for making these support tools possible to our entrants.
VTA Video Clip Series
1. Introduction to the Victorian Tourism Awards (15 mins)
2. Changes in 2021 (13 mins)
3. Consumer Rating via ReviewPro (35 mins)
4. ReviewPro Dashboard Demo (16 mins)
Please note: accreditation is referred to in this video as the demo was originally created for QTF Accredited businesses. This demonstration also applies to the ReviewPro access Tourism Awards entrants receive.
There are some great consultants who have vast experience in the tourism industry and have been involved in supporting businesses with their submissions for the Victorian Tourism Awards for a number of years. These consultants can assist you from the concept stage through to the delivery of your final submission, or simply provide writing and/or editing service.
Please also check with your Regional Tourism Board, as they may be able to advise you of consultants they work with.
Feedback from Judges
Past entrants can access feedback from the judges that assessed their previous submission by logging back into their nomination.
Once logged in, use the drop-down menu adjacent to the printer icon to download your feedback.
Feedback is comprised of comments from the three judges that reviewed your entry. Comments are aimed to either confirm a positive response or guide the entrant with ways to improve their score for future entries.
Feedback of the site visit assessment is not provided due to the relationship established between the entrant and the judge at the time of verification. Entrants are encouraged to use the site visit to probe a judge for advice, recommendations or for information that will help the business going forwards.