Name: Peter Wade
Peter is a seasoned leader with 30 years of experience within the Hospitality Industry in Asia Pacific, specialising in Human Resources and Learning and Development. Peter has worked with Interwest Hotels, World Congress Centre Melbourne, Mirvac Hotels, Hyatt International and IHG.
Peter’s experiences include the opening of Deluxe and Luxury Hotels in Australia and Asia as well as World Congress Centre Melbourne and Melbourne Exhibition Centre (now Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre).
Peter worked with Hyatt Hotels in both Australia and Hong Kong and amongst his responsibilities he was responsible to growing Hyatt’s relationships with leading Hotel and Business Schools across Asia Pacific and Europe. As a result Peter has presented to many of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry’s future leaders.
Highlights of Peter’s career include:
- Industry Consultant to Tourism Training Victoria from 1990 until 2002
- Tourism Training Australia – National Trainer Award 2007
- Appointed as an Industry Advisor to Hotel and Tourism Management Institute, Sorenberg, Switzerland in 2013 for 1 year.
- Hospitality Sector Industry Advisor with William Angliss Institute and Box Hill Institute
- Opening Quay West Melbourne, The Sebel Melbourne, Grand Hyatt Macau, Park Hyatt Busan, Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, Hyatt Regency Danang and more.
Peter is currently the Director of People and Culture for Melbourne Theatre Company.