The judging of the RACV Victorian Tourism Awards is conducted by a panel of thirty industry leaders, appointed by the Victorian Tourism Industry Council (VTIC) and the Chair and Deputy Chair of Judges.
It is VTIC’s aim to appoint a panel that will comprise a cross-section of tourism industry professionals, including former award winners. Each member of the judging panel plays a key role in helping grow excellence amongst the Victorian tourism and events industry.
The appointed Judging Panel will be chosen of leaders who have:
- An understanding of the tourism industry including the value and significance of the industry to the Victorian economy
- Involvement at a middle or senior management level in the tourism industry or a similar service industry
- An understanding of the need for and benefits that derive from a business plan
- Been responsible for the development and implementation of a business plan
- Developed and implemented strategic and tactical marketing plans both domestically and internationally
- Some knowledge of financial management and the ability to identify potential commercial success
- An awareness of OH&S and other legislative requirements and how they impact in a business
- An understanding of innovation and sustainability principles
- Previous knowledge and experience of the Tourism Award Program
- Practical skills in mentoring or judging award programs
- An ability to provide constructive feedback on entries to assist with continual improvement and
- A willingness to become an ambassador for the tourism awards program
Three Victorian Judges also make part of the Australian Tourism Awards Judging Panel.