Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame is awarded to an entrant that has won the same category over 3 consecutive years. Winners and Finalists of the Victorian Tourism Awards are determined by achieving a score of 75% or above. The winner is the highest scoring entrant in each category.
2015 Tourism Award winners
- 01. Major Tourist Attractions
- 02. Tourist Attractions
- 03. Major Festivals and Events
- 04. Festivals & Events
- 05. Ecotourism
- 06. Cultural Tourism
- 07. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island Tourism
- 08.Specialised Tourism Services
- 09. Visitor Information Services
- 10. Business Event Venues
- 10. Business Tourism
- 11. Major Tour & Transport Operators
- 12. Tour & Transport Operators
- 13. Adventure Tourism
- 14. Destination Marketing
- 15. Tourism Restaurants & Catering Services
- 16. Tourism Wineries, Distilleries & Breweries
- 17. Caravan & Holiday Parks
- 18. Hosted Accommodation
- 19. Unique Accommodation
- 20. Self Contained Accommodation
- 21. Standard Accommodation
- 22. Deluxe Accommodation
- 23. Luxury Accommodation
- 24. New Tourism Business
- 25. Excellence in Food Tourism
- 25. Health and Wellness Tourism
- 26. Luxury Boutique Accommodation
- 26. Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
- 27. Outstanding Contribution by an Individual
- 28. Tourism Education and Training
- 29. Local Government Award for Tourism
- 30. Backpacker Accommodation
- 31. Young Achievers Award
- 32. Outstanding Contribution by Volunteers
03. Major Festivals and Events
The Melbourne Cup Carnival is one of Australia’s major festivals and events, held at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne.
The Melbourne Cup Carnival is a unique social and cultural tradition dating back to 1861 that draws the finest equine athletes from all over the world.
The carnival attracts more than 340,000 racegoers to Flemington over the four day Carnival each year contributing greatly to Victoria’s economy.
08.Specialised Tourism Services
Leisure Options is an accredited tourism business specialising in premium, boutique holiday and travel experiences for people with disabilities. The focus is on making what is often perceived as impossible, possible, by ensuring that tours are inclusive, barrier free and most of all, fun.
Leisure Options offer experiences that showcase the finest destinations throughout Victoria, interstate and internationally.
With over 500 travellers each year the company is successfully fulfilling its vision of accessible travel for all.
11. Major Tour & Transport Operators
Searoad Ferries delivers a 40 minute ferry crossing between Sorrento and Queenscliff connecting the Mornington Peninsula to the Bellarine and Great Ocean Road. Ferries operate 365 days of the year, every hour from 7am to 6pm.
There are two world class all weather ferries offering easy drive on/drive off car facilities, comfortable viewing lounges and external observation decks. The ferry passes by marine National Parks and spectacular scenery, visitors to both regions can experience the beauty of Melbourne’s Port Phillip Bay.
13. Adventure Tourism
Enchanted Adventure Garden is a natural attraction situated on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula at Arthurs Seat. With stunning views over the park’s formal gardens and hedge mazes, the park offers many different things to see and activities to try including giant sculpture, indoor and outdoor mazes, Tube Sliding, Tree Surfing, the Big Zip Line or alternatively set up a picnic and enjoy the natural surroundings.
It’s a place where you can loose yourself in the colours of garden design or marvel at the formal structures of hedge topiary.
15. Tourism Restaurants & Catering Services
Stillwater at Crittenden is a multi-award winning tourism restaurant on Victoria’s stunning Mornington Peninsula.
The restaurant, nestled amid the vines within the grounds of Crittenden Estate Winery, provides a full service, yet relaxed, fine dining experience showcasing local produce and regional wines.
28. Tourism Education and Training
Crown College is one of the largest and most successful registered training organisations in Australia, providing customised and innovative learning to employees wishing to build long-term careers in tourism.
Crown College focus’ on incorporating innovative and exciting learning experiences, delivering content that exceeds participant expectations, setting the benchmark in tourism education and training.
30. Backpacker Accommodation
Space Hotel is an affordable and contemporary accommodation in Melbourne’s CBD with a diverse range of room types from dorm beds to private suites and family rooms catering for travellers with different budgets.
Space Hotel emphasise their social elements with facilities such as an in-house cinema, a restaurant-quality communal kitchen, and a rooftop area showcasing panoramic views of the city.