Announcing the Top Tourism Town Awards
To showcase the value of tourism to the towns and communities across Australia and celebrate the diversity and outstanding regional destinations of our country, the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC) along with the States and Territories are excited to announce a new addition to the Australian Tourism Awards series – the Top Tourism Town Awards.
The Top Tourism Town Awards will recognise and reward towns that:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and encourage tourism and increased visitation to the destination,
- Offer an excellent visitor experience, and
- Exhibit collaboration with tourism operators, local businesses and the community working together to make their town the best destination it can be.
This Award is presented into two categories:
- Top Tourism Town Award – those with a population over 5,000 people.
- Top Small Tourism Town Award – those with a population below 5,000 people.
This is an opportunity for regional tourism bodies, local councils, local chambers and other tourism organisations, committees or groups, in conjunction with their Accredited Visitor Information Centre, to showcase their town as a great visitor destination, a Top Tourism Town, and to highlight what is special and unique about their town. Please note: nominations must be made by a Quality Tourism Framework Accredited Visitor Information Centre.
The Top Tourism Town Awards are part of the Australian Tourism Awards program but runs at a different schedule. Nominations are open until 1 March, with submissions due on 16 April 2021. Judging and public voting will follow, and the Victorian winners will be announced in June.
The state winners will have the opportunity to represent Victoria at the national awards and be named Australia’s Top/Small Tourism Town!
To find out more about the Top Tourism Town Awards, click here.