2013 RACV Victorian Tourism Awards
About the Awards
‘The Victorian Tourism Awards represent an industry framework for peer recognition which fosters a culture for business development excellence and innovation'.
The VTA have assisted the Victorian Tourism Industry for 29 years in striving for excellence. During this period, more than 3,000 businesses have entered the Awards and have benefited through thorough examination of their business practice, with many recognised as winners at a national level.
The VTA are highly reflective of the state of the Victorian tourism industry. The Awards act as a development opportunity in the skills training and professionalism and play an integral role in encouraging and rewarding excellence, innovation and commitment in the industry.
The awards help to raise standards through a structured submission process of self-assessment through the preparation of a written document which is then reviewed by industry peers who respond carefully to defined national criteria. The Awards process culminates in a night that recognises and promotes outstanding achievement by those at the heart of the industry.
The VTA Gala Ceremony is a key communication platform as it has become the one time each year that more than 1,000 stakeholders assemble from across the State. A successful Awards program and gala event translates into business success and a solid group of professional and committed businesses.
The program enjoys the support of the Minister for Tourism, the Hon. Louise Asher MP, and the industry’s peak bodies. The VTA is arguably the most successful single gathering of the tourism and allied industries in Victoria, bringing together the key industry associations, operators, suppliers and state government stakeholders.
Competitive Advantages and Benefits
The recognition and rewarding of quality and innovative businesses translates into a number of competitive advantages and benefits. These include, but are not limited to:
- Winning awards highlights to your visitors that you are a professional, trusted and benchmarked business which will help you stand in the marketplace;
- This awards program is the most widely recognised tourism awards program in the country and is backed by Tourism Victoria, Victoria Tourism Industry Council, RACV and Tourism Australia;
- Increase your brand awareness and generate marketing opportunities which will lead to sales and increased revenue;
- Gain exposure to influential and valuable networks which can open up new business opportunities;
- The opportunity to benchmark your business against peers and competitors;
- The submission and site visit questions have been designed to help develop your annual business plan. Your entry provides you with an accurate record and overview of your business each year;
- All entries will receive a site visit by a judge and receive feedback after the awards;
- Winners will be identified as the outstanding tourism business in their particular category and gain recognition in front of the industry at the ceremony which are then published state wide; and
- Winners will become automatic finalists in the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards and gain recognition for excellence in the industry on a national state.