2017 Summary of changes:
The Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC), owner of the Australian Tourism Awards, is excited to announce that in 2017 a complete online entry process will be introduced for each State/Territory.
The notable change going forward is the move from a .pdf submission process to a web-based ‘form’ which businesses will complete online. For those entrants who have entered previously, formatting rules, page limits and page layouts will no longer apply. Instead of the previous pdf page limits, there will now be a maximum word count and image upload limit.
Specific changes include:
New Category Descriptor:
Category 7 – Qantas Award for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Tourism
This category recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander tourism operations that demonstrate authenticity and cultivate a greater understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, history and traditions.
- Category 3 – Major Festivals and Events – Q1(a)(b)(c)(d) and (e), 2(a)(b)(c) and (d) and associated Tips.
- Category 4 – Festivals and Events – Q1(a)(b)(c)(d) and (e), 2(a)(b)(c) and (d) and associated Tips.
- Category 7 – Qantas Award for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Tourism – Q1(a)(b) and (c), Q2(a) and (c), Q3(a)(b) and (c), Q5(a) and (b)
Rules for Entry Amendments:
- Formatting rules that were applicable in 2016 no longer apply.
- Each entry will have a 12,500 word limit to respond to all questions. However, category 25: Excellence in Food Tourism, will have a maximum 8,000 word limit and individual categories (28 – 30) will have a 2500 word limit.
- Category 8: Specialised Tourism Services category is for entrants that are unable to meet the criteria of other categories. Entrants in this category are not permitted to enter any other additional categories.
- Individual category entries are to be submitted on the same date as business categories: 4pm Monday 4th September 2017.
- Each entry can include up to 25 images to assist with responding to questions. Images include: info-graphics, graphs and pictures/images.
- Captions are allowed for each image. Maximum of 6 words, not included in overall word count.